- Media Communication and Development student and practitioner seminar: Irony and Politically Incorrect Humanitarianism: Danish Celebrity-Led Benefit Events, with Lene Bull Christiansen. London School of Economics and Political Science, February 4, 2015.
- Inaugural seminar for the research cluster Celebrities as New Global Actors. June 12-13th 2013, Roskilde University, Denmark
- International Studies Association (ISA) Panel, Discourses and Practices of Global Celebrity Activism in the 21st Century. San Francisco, April 2013.See program here
ISA Panel, April 2013.
- How to save the World: The work of celebrity in development. Public lecture and PhD seminar by Professor Dan Brockington, Manchester University. May 9, 2012 at 10.30 to 12.00. Roskilde University.
- Constituting seminar for the Research Network on Celebrity and North-South Relations. May 9, 2012 at 13.00 to 15.00, Roskilde University.
- African Studies Association, 55th Annual Meeting. Panel on “Researching celebrity influence in Africa.” Philadelphia, November 29-December 1, 2012.
- The Inaugural Celebrity Studies Conference. Panel on “Celebrity, nationalism and transnational relations”. Deakin University, Melbourne, December 12-14, 2012.
- Public Seminar at the Centre of African Studies, University of Edinburgh. Lene Bull Christiansen: Through the Heart of the Celebrity: How celebrities shape contemporary public imaginaries of aid to Africa. November 14, 2012.
- Symposium on “Capitalism, Democracy and Celebrity Advocacy”. The University of Manchester June 19-20, 2012.
- International Studies Association Annual Convention, San Diego April 1-4, 2012. Panel on “Celebrities, Media and Transnational Belonging”. See full program here.
- Fourth European Conference on African Studies, Uppsala June 15-18, 2011. Panel on“Privileging the Private in Africa”.
- African Studies Association – UK Bi-annual Conference, Oxford September 16-19, 2010. Panel on “Celebrity Spectable and Brand Africa”.